Are you an emerging project manager? If Yes, then here I have a simple but powerful Excel Gantt Chart Template for you.
This excel Gantt Chart template is go Super Lite.
You have to input minimum details about your project for tracking.
Please follow this post to learn about the working of this excel Gantt chart template. Or.
- Track any project upto 30 days (Expandable).
- Track up to 10 stages of a single project (Expandable).
- Tadalafil Oral Strips Buy 20 MG No Prescription Project Insights
- Project Details
- Name of the project.
- Name of the project manager.
- Project Description.
- Highlight delay days and days saved.
Entering or Editing Project Details
You can enter or edit following details for your project.
- Name of the project.
- Name of the project manager & Project Description.
To edit details click of the “Edit Details” button on the top right side of the template.
Once you click on this button it will navigate you to details section where you can edit or enter new details for your project.
And, once you done with your project details click on back button get back to your Gantt chart template.
As soon as you change the details in “Details Section” it will change in your main template.
The beauty of this excel Gantt chart template is “No Complex Editing”.
Once you have done with your project details next step is to enter details of the project to start tracking it.
Data Input In The Template
In this excel Gantt chart template, I have taken care to enter minimum details. To track your project (Stage By Stage) we have following inputs in this template.
- Stage Name (Manual Entry) – You can enter a specific name for each stage for your project. And, maximum stages you can use for a project in this template is 10.
- Start date (Manual Entry) – For each stage of the project, you have to input a start date. The start date of the first stage of the project will be consider as the start date of the project. You can also specify the start date of a stage earlier than the end date of the previous stage.
- Target Days (Manual Entry) – Once you specify the start date of the stage, next you have to specify the target days to complete that stage. This will help to calculate the target closing date of a particular stage.
- Target End Date [Auto Calculation] – From the target days for completion of a stage, “Target End Date” will be calculated automatically. This will give you a deadline to complete your stage.
- Actual End Date (Manual Entry) – Once a stage is completed you can enter the closing date of that stage. Whether the actual closing date is earlier than or later than target date, this template will consider those days in insights to show the number of stages which are completed on target date.
- Actual Days Taken [Auto Calculation] – From the actual end date it will calculate the actual days taken to complete a stage.
So the game is, you just have to input Stage name, Start date, Target Days, and Actual End Date.
Let’s go further to learn about how this excel Gantt chart template will use inputs to capture insights.
Once you enter your inputs correctly, you can get some insights from those inputs. And, insights will update instantly with data update in the template.
- If any stage is in the process then it will show the name of the stage and if no stage is in the process then it will show the name of the last completed stage.
- It will show you the number of stages which are completed on target date, after target date, and before target date.
- If any stage is completed before the target date, the days which are saved will highlight with green color.
- If any stage is completed after the target date, the excess days will highlight with red color.
I pretty sure this excel Gantt chart template will help you to track your projects perfectly.
As I already told you that you have to input minimum data in this template.
Insight in this template will help you to get a quick view of your entire project.